Candle care and safety.
When choosing which candle to purchase, size is very important. Your candle burning routine should influence what size candle to go for. If only burning for a couple hours at a time the 120ml size is recommended.
Please allow a minimum of 3 hours on the first burn, to get the best out of your lovely soy candle.
For long period burns or those that like to have a candle on most of the day then the 180ml jar is better value. Short burns on larger candles often results in problems with your candles.. see tunnelling below.*
Why choose Eco Soy Wax?
Soy wax is derived from vegetables. 100% non-toxic, Biodegradable, from a renewable resource and is slow burning, meaning your candle will last 25 - 50% longer.
Paraffin wax is derived from petroleum, contains and releases nasty toxins, including Carcinogens. It is Non-biodegradable from a limited resource and burns fast.
Caring for your Ali Mac Candle jar:
- Remove candle from box before lighting, recycle box and use to store treasures around your home.
- Straighten wick before lighting.
- Do NOT trim the wick before first lighting the candle. This is the only time it's not recommended to trim the wick as if you trim the wick to short, the flame will not be powerful enough to evenly burn the wax.
- When first lighting your candle jar, allow the candle to burn long enough to melt to the edge of the jar as this prevents tunnelling and your candle will last longer.
- If you don't allow the candle to melt all the way to the edge and blow it out it sets, and leaves a hollow in the wax. Recurring short burn times cause a tunnelling candle*. To fix this you need to get the wax level so the flame can melt it all the way across. You can do this simply by removing the higher wax with a blunt knife or spoon, until the wick can burn evenly (the removed wax can be put in a small dish and will continue smelling awesome).
- I recommend burning your candle for around 3 hours at a time.
- Always trim the wick to 5mm before re-lighting and remove any foreign materials or trimmings.
- Do not burn smaller candles for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Never burn candle near anything that can catch fire.
- Burn your candle within site and do not move when lit.
- The Candle Jar will be hot after lighting and liquid, allow to cool before touching or moving.
- If you enjoyed your candle, why not get it refilled to reduce waste and keep your candle jar burning and burning.
Caring for your Ali Mac Oyster candle.
Soy wax is slow burning and the smallest oyster candles can burn for 3 – 4 hours. Larger oysters burn for 6 hours or more.
To help your oyster candle burn longer.
- Remove candle from box before lighting, recycle box and use to store treasures or sweeties around your home.
- Trim wick to 4mm before lighting.
- Place the oyster on the wee nest provided.
- Once the candle has melted slightly, tilt the oyster so that the wax burns evenly away from the wick to the shell edge.
- Extinguish the candle carefully using a candle snuffer
- Always trim the wick and remove debris before re-lighting
- Once finished your oyster candle can be refilled or used as a trinket holder.