Candle care and safety.
Follow these rules to keep safe and get the best out of your Candle.
- Remove candle from box before lighting, recycle box and packaging.
- Straighten wick before lighting and place on a heat resistant surface.
- Always trim your wick to 1cm before lighting using a wick trimmer or scissors.
- When first lighting your candle jar, allow the candle to burn long enough for the wax to melt to the edge of the jar, as this prevents tunnelling.
- Burn your candle for no more than 2-3 hours at a time.
- Always trim the wick to 5mm before re-lighting and remove any foreign materials or trimmings.
- If the wick 'mushrooms' trim the top off. This controls the flame size so your candle doesn't burn too fast.
- If your candle begins to smoke or the flame is too high or flickering, extinguish the candle. Check for drafts, let it set and trim the wick before re-lighting.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish your candle.
- Never use a candle as a night light.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Never leave a candle unattended or near anything that can catch fire.
- Do not move when lit.
- Extinguish your candle using a candle snuffer.
- Do not touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- Make sure your candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Do not burn your candle if there is less than 1cm of wax left.
- Store your candle in a cool dark place.
Why choose Eco Soy Wax?
Soy wax is derived from vegetables. 100% non-toxic, Biodegradable, from a renewable resource and is slow burning, meaning your candle will last 25 - 50% longer.
Paraffin wax is derived from petroleum, contains and releases nasty toxins, including Carcinogens. It is Non-biodegradable from a limited resource and burns fast.